It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:34 pm 

KB20140608 Uninstall Paltalk Messenger

A.V.M. Software's Paltalk might be the most popular messaging client software for Windows. Unfortunately, WindowsUninstaller.org readers reported that their browser programs had been hijacked after installing the said Paltalk application. Yes, its original setup file too offers its Internet users additional junkware, according to our regular test on an old XP computer. I mean, the official installation package Paltalk Messenger-pal_install_r109861_a3000.exe (filesize, 50.7 MB (53,193,632 bytes)) was bundled with the infamous, stubborn Ask Toolbar from APN Inc. Lots of other unhappy people also want to remove Paltalk Messenger due to the software experience they encountered: they got no tech help, they gain no customer service, and more. Some experienced user even said that script kitty led to a variety of security problems, for example, the skid could leak users' personal stuff. Cannot delete Paltalk Messenger completely? Here's an ultimate method to get rid of Paltalk Messenger and/or other annoying installations on your computer. Download our professional yet very easy-to-use uninstall tool now so you can eliminate Paltalk Messenger fully, PLUS, our PUP cleaner will let you effectively manage Windows' programs list and the core of browser settings (ie., homepage, search engine provider), and allow you to effortlessly troubleshoot much more junkware, adware even semi-malware, just like the one I've mentioned above: Ask Toolbar (aka, Ask Search). Having trouble with following the manual solution below? Wish to stop the further destruction now? Our uninstall tool pro is worth a try: it helps uninstall Paltalk Messenger, thoroughly and fast.

Attachment:
Uninstall Paltalk Messenger - 1.jpg
[ 74.47 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

NOTE The said Paltalk client needs Adobe's Flash Player 13 to run properly, thus, you need to remove the potentially unused plugin to fully uninstall Paltalk Messenger.

How do I uninstall Paltalk Messenger manually?

1. I hit the Close button on the following Paltalk Nickname Registration wizard.
Attachment:
Uninstall Paltalk Messenger - 2.jpg
[ 51.86 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

2. Then I directly quit the running Messenger agent.
3. And to smoothly erase Paltalk Messenger, I run Task Manger to forcefully end APN's TBNotifier.exe process.
Attachment:
Paltalk Messenger - 3.jpg
[ 69.57 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

4. Now, I have 3 options to uninstall Paltalk Messenger. Check 'em out below. Please note, though, you Win8/ Win7/ Vista may be required to gain the Admin rights to perform the uninstallation process:

- one: start >> All Programs >> run the following Uninstall application.
Attachment:
Paltalk Messenger - 4.jpg
[ 21.08 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

- two (RECOMMENDED): I check out the newly installed apps in the "Add/Remove" applet. I locate the Paltalk software (86.61MB) and launch Change/Remove option. I need to wipe out the said PUPs later.
Attachment:
Paltalk Messenger - 5.jpg
[ 104.51 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

- three: I enter the Messenger;'s installation folder >> run the below uninstall application (219 KB (224,594 bytes)).
Attachment:
Paltalk Messenger - 6.jpg
[ 95.59 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

5. Now I press the Next > button on the following Paltalk Messenger 11.3 Uninstall below.
Attachment:
Paltalk Messenger - 7.jpg
[ 48.56 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

6. And then I click the Uninstall button to start with the express un-installation procedure.
Attachment:
Paltalk Messenger - 8.jpg
[ 41.44 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

7. I do NOT want those unnecessary Paltalk leftovers to stay on my hard disk.
Attachment:
Paltalk Messenger - 9.jpg
[ 59.86 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

8. If, you readers wish to keep something important like your chat log and other data you received, do it during the process.
Attachment:
Paltalk Messenger - 10.jpg
[ 60.11 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

9. Now, I exit the Uninstall wizard.
Attachment:
Paltalk Messenger - 11.jpg
[ 42.33 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]

10. Like what I've told you before this, I need to restore the changed/ hijacked settings for Mozilla Firefox so I can cleanly uninstall Paltalk Messenger.
Attachment:
Paltalk Messenger - 12.jpg
[ 40.22 KiB | Viewed 453 times ]