It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:03 am 
Site Admin

KB20140810 Remove Night City 3D Screensaver

The first reason we PUP experts do not recommend Astro Gemini Software's Night City 3D Screensaver is because the installation package we got had been flagged as riskware, "Worm[Email]/Win32.NetSky" by Antiy-AVL, according to this VT report. In the meantime, the downloaded setup file was coded to spread hijackware, so-called Astro Gemini Tooblar. Morever, we too found lots of potentially malicious bundleware during Living 3D Dolphins Screensaver's express install procedure. Then we editor took a closer look at its About tab. Guess what? We found software information regarding Visicom's VMN Toolbar! Please be advised that, scan your download via an up-to-date security program and/or some top-ranked online scanner like Google's VT above. With such very basic security measures, you can keep many other grayware, badware even malware off your Windows. Cannot uninstall Night City 3D Screensaver? Encountered unexpected troubles while performing the standard uninstallation routine? Then download, install and run our professional PUP cleaner above: we are a team that is dedicated to providing you guys the latest how-to guides you entrust to us and helping get rid of the most stubborn greyware, foistware and the likes from your computer. For experienced readers, you can keep moving and learn tips to delete Night City 3D Screensaver, and restore the hijacked IE homepage manually.
Attachment:
Remove Night City 3D Screensaver - 1.jpg
[ 67.67 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]

Attachment:
Remove Night City 3D Screensaver - 2.jpg
[ 53.97 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]

How do I get rid of Night City 3D Screensaver completely?

1. I direct close the below "Thank You" page.
Attachment:
Night City 3D Screensaver - 3.jpg
[ 106.83 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]

2. Then, I hit the Close button on the following Astro Gemini Screensaver Manager.
Attachment:
Night City 3D Screensaver - 4.jpg
[ 60.31 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]

3. Now, I have 2 methods to continue with Night City 3D Screensaver removal:

- one is the express option: start >> Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs -- I am running an old XP sp3 computer >> locate the risky Screensaver 1.0 >> hit Remove tab next to it. See? such unsafe item can install many other projects to your operating system without your permission: to fully remove Night City 3D Screensaver, I need rid my XP of CA VMN Anti-Spyware (remove only) (4.31MB), Astro Gemini Screensaver Manager 2.0 and the mentioned browser malware.
Attachment:
Night City 3D Screensaver - 5.jpg
[ 69.41 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]

- two (NOT RECOMMENDED): I run the default uninstaller, unins000 (679 KB (695,578 bytes)), in the Screensaver's install file folder. You readers may miss out the above junkware!
Attachment:
Night City 3D Screensaver - 6.jpg
[ 47.52 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]

4. Now I press the Yes button on the following Night City 3D Screensaver Uninstall wizard.
Attachment:
Night City 3D Screensaver - 7.jpg
[ 21.22 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]

5. I quit the Uninstall when it completed the traditional uninstall process.
Attachment:
Night City 3D Screensaver - 8.jpg
[ 18.89 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]

5. The job has not been done, yet. In order to entirely remove Night City 3D Screensaver, I need to tidy the aforementioned PUPs, reset my browser settings and clean associated leftovers, e.g., astrogemini.exe (19.7 KB (20,262 bytes)), Link1 (a shortcut file which links to "www-astrogemini.com/") and so forth.
Attachment:
Night City 3D Screensaver - 9.jpg
[ 10.06 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]