It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:24 am 

KB20130914 Uninstall AVG PC TuneUp 2014

Are you trying hard to remove AVG PC TuneUp 2014? You encountered some annoying errors while performing the uninstall of AVG PC TuneUp 2014 and/or other versions of it? Well, here are some Important tips regarding AVG PC TuneUp 2014 uninstall progress: 1) you must be the Admin user to proceed with the un-installation process of AVG PC TuneUp; 2) you have a okay/complete install of it - you did not direct delete anything in its installation folder or in Registry Editor; if so, please try reinstalling it first or use the professional uninstall tool above and force AVG PC TuneUp 2014 to uninstall from your system.

Now, we will show you how to uninstall AVG PC TuneUp 2014 for a 64-bit Win7 system through FOUR steps:

1. Open up Control Panel on the desktop and press Uninstall a program in it.
2. Choose the unwanted AVG PC TuneUp 2014 from the following "Uninstall or change a program" list, press Enter key on the keyboard.

Attachment:
UninstallAVGPCTuneUp2014-1_zps16d24e99.jpg
[ 49.8 KiB | Viewed 13639 times ]

3. Choose the Yes option from the "AVG PC TuneUp 2014 uninstallation" wizard and then Windows Installer application will help you uninstall AVG PC TuneUp 2014 silently 'n automatically.

Attachment:
UninstallAVGPCTuneUp2014-2_zps7f3e5641.jpg
[ 72.55 KiB | Viewed 13639 times ]

Attachment:
UninstallAVGPCTuneUp2014-3_zps73b56995.jpg
[ 70.79 KiB | Viewed 13639 times ]

4. Close below "AVG | AVG PC TuneUp has been Uninstalled short" page; save other windows, reboot your system and then DONE!

Attachment:
UninstallAVGPCTuneUp2014-4_zps1abf1af1.jpg
[ 87.82 KiB | Viewed 13639 times ]

AVG-related threads on WindowsUninstaller.org Forums
- viewtopic.php?f=10&t=609 Remove AVG Security Toolbar
- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=615 Uninstall AVG Anti-Virus FREE 2013
- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=664 Uninstall AVG AntiVirus 2014
- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=677 Uninstall AVG Premium Security 2014
- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=680 uninstall AVG Internet Security 2014
- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=654 Uninstall AVG AntiVirus Free 2014

1. Review this thread on PUP removal.
2. Use the professional uninstaller program above to keep PUA away.
3. Subscribe our YouTube channel.
4. Follow us on Google+.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:15 pm 

Thanks very much for the post. But it idid not work. Imade the mistake of allowing another shareware program to install this TUneup 2014 trial version on my laptop from C-Net. They came as a package. I wanted to uninstall, and tried many different ways (Windows 7) including yours. But does not work. A dailogue box appears each time telling me of all the dire consequences of uninstalling with the options of Yes and No. If I press Yes, Nothing happens even after waiting for 3 mintues- I counted. But if I press No, the dailogue box readily closes and everything back to square 1. It is frustrating.
If you have any further advice, appreciate it.

What is more infuriating is that I tried contacting them explaining the issue, but the captcha does not work (all the time I get an error messsge for very simple stuff like beri in red clear letters). This site's captchas are more complicated but I got them right the first time. So even their support sucks! Honestly, after this experience, I will not go anywhere near AVG products. I know they have some free anti virus stuff but never used it because I stick to Trend micro. And thank God for that!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:12 am 

AnirudKumar wrote:
Thanks very much for the post. But it idid not work. Imade the mistake of allowing another shareware program to install this TUneup 2014 trial version on my laptop from C-Net. They came as a package. I wanted to uninstall, and tried many different ways (Windows 7) including yours. But does not work. A dailogue box appears each time telling me of all the dire consequences of uninstalling with the options of Yes and No. If I press Yes, Nothing happens even after waiting for 3 mintues- I counted. But if I press No, the dailogue box readily closes and everything back to square 1. It is frustrating.
If you have any further advice, appreciate it.

What is more infuriating is that I tried contacting them explaining the issue, but the captcha does not work (all the time I get an error messsge for very simple stuff like beri in red clear letters). This site's captchas are more complicated but I got them right the first time. So even their support sucks! Honestly, after this experience, I will not go anywhere near AVG products. I know they have some free anti virus stuff but never used it because I stick to Trend micro. And thank God for that!

Sorry to hear your APT uninstall trouble. Usually, we can uninstall AVG PC TuneUp 2014 or other versions of it the standard way. Very often, personal software usage, installation experience and other related factors will affect an expected uninstall process. Thus, we strongly recommend that you save and run the professional uninstall tool above so that you effectively and thoroughly get rid of any other stubborn Win-based apps and suchlike.

Moreover, if you also had trouble with the online livechat (?), please: 1st, clean your browser's temp cache, re-try the online service from AVG; 2nd, drop an email to avg tech support department directly.

Thx 'n good luck!

1. Review this thread on PUP removal.
2. Use the professional uninstaller program above to keep PUA away.
3. Subscribe our YouTube channel.
4. Follow us on Google+.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:21 am 

This has been going on for quite a few releases of AVG PC TuneUp. AVG knows about the problem since their last few versions, and they won't do anything about it. It is essentially malware.