July 2, 2014 Update: YAC's official Web site has been flagged as a Malicious domain, according to this latest VT report and this older one. Meanwhile, Webutation say that yac.mx is a suspicious page to visit. Furthermore, lots of malware fighters and/or VT members like FacundoArg voted to keep your mouse away from that site for security.
You had better thoroughly uninstall Yet Another Cleaner (aka, YAC) in your system according to this virus report from VT. Its official installer package "yet_another_cleaner.exe" (MD5, 11b73ceb2525e7d328d36a6b02f248c4) has been detected as MALWARE by AntiVir (virus name, "APPL/Elex.C") and ESET-NOD32 ("a variant of Win32/ELEX.Q"). Users also reported that they were experiencing something like installing scareware/rogueware/malware plus users got additional junkware. YAC even gave false positives to users, warning "download.com" is an unsafe website! Thus, YAC is NOT a trustable product you can keep on computer, as the mentioned Yet Another Cleaner involved malware infection, browser hijacking -- Yes, security bloggers had also posted solutions about "search.yac.mx" homepage (Note It's changed into so-called "YAC Safe Navigation").
[ 57.13 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
(From: cnet.com) Cannot uninstall Yet Another Cleaner by yourself? Having tough time cleaning Internet foistware? Tired of using the standard measure for some other terrible bundleware and/or downware? Well, the traditional Add/Remove' functionality is far from enough to deal with such Windows-based badware. We highly recommend the professional yet easy-to-use uninstall tool above so you can effectively safeguard your system away from such semi-malware type product.
How do I delete Yet Another Cleaner?
1. First of all, I direct close the following "Free download Virus Remover,Malware Removal,Antispyware, Antivirus tools for XP, Vista or Windows 7" page.
[ 74.22 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
2. To smoothly remove Yet Another Cleaner, I manually exit the running client.
[ 8.5 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
3. Then I have to pick Yes from the below YAC alert below. Furthermore, I use Task Manager to end YAC's background processes, iSafeSvc.exe and iSafeSvc2.exe.
[ 15.5 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
[ 38 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
4. Then I can remove Yet Another Cleaner via 3 options:
- one: start >> All Programs >> YAC >> launch the following "uninstall" option.
[ 17.24 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
- two: start >> Control Panel >> Add/Remove >> locate the following YAC software (19.27MB), click Change/Remove.
[ 26.13 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
- three: I enter the following iSafe folder >> run the following "uninstall" app (655 KB (671,400 bytes)).
[ 82.78 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
5. I first choose the following "Uninstall YAC" option.
[ 36.17 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
6. Then I hit Uninstall button on the following YAC wizard.
[ 36.22 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
7. I need to select one provided "reason" to continue the express removal then click Uninstall button.
[ 37.94 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
8. I need to wait while the standard uninstall is being processing.
[ 20.63 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
9. Then I close the following Uninstall page saying "Yet Another Cleaner has been successfully uninstalled!".
[ 64.15 KiB | Viewed 2598 times ]
10. And then I manually reboot my system. Clean remaining traces in Safe Mode in order to thoroughly remove Yet Another Cleaner.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum