KB20131231 Remove ViddyHD
[ 86.26 KiB | Viewed 69 times ]
We WindowsUninstaller.org stuff strongly recommend that you guys thoroughly remove ViddyHD from your PC. Check or review the outlined reasons below.
Reason 1: Its original installer "viddyhd-download-manager_setup.exe" (MD5, af8824cf49c57b17465d9dcbf96f5ed0) has been flagged as MALWARE by 6 security program vendors
* AVG, MalSign.Roadstar Media
* McAfee, Artemis!AF8824CF49C5
* Artemis!AF8824CF49C5, Heuristic.BehavesLike.Win32.Suspicious-PKR.G
* Rising, PE:Trojan.Win32.Generic.137A42C9!326779593
* TrendMicro-HouseCall, TROJ_GEN.F47V1230
* VIPRE, Jottix (fs)
Reason 2: It installed Free Download Manager (AKA, FDM
) without any notification! It too prompted users to install malware like conduit's Search Protect
How do I remove ViddyHD?
1. I first shutdown the following "ViddyHD[dot]com" page, informing "Your download is now complete".
[ 65.84 KiB | Viewed 69 times ]
2. I use Windows Task Manager to completely end conduit's malicious background processes. Read this tread
for additional info.
3. Then, I use Windows' Add/Remove to remove ViddyHD in the programs list first.
[ 30.68 KiB | Viewed 69 times ]
4. During the removal above, an known "Uninstall" window pops up and asks me if I remove FDM related items, I say Yes to that dialogue box.
[ 26.57 KiB | Viewed 69 times ]
1. Review this thread
on PUP removal.
2. Use the professional uninstaller
program above to keep PUA away.
3. Subscribe our YouTube channel
4. Follow us on Google+