KB20131231 Remove ViddyHD
We WindowsUninstaller.org stuff strongly recommend that you guys thoroughly remove ViddyHD from your PC. Check or review the outlined reasons below.
Reason 1: Its original installer "viddyhd-download-manager_setup.exe" (MD5, af8824cf49c57b17465d9dcbf96f5ed0) has been flagged as MALWARE by 6 security program vendors
* AVG, MalSign.Roadstar Media
* McAfee, Artemis!AF8824CF49C5
* Artemis!AF8824CF49C5, Heuristic.BehavesLike.Win32.Suspicious-PKR.G
* Rising, PE:Trojan.Win32.Generic.137A42C9!326779593
* TrendMicro-HouseCall, TROJ_GEN.F47V1230
* VIPRE, Jottix (fs)
Reason 2: It installed Free Download Manager (AKA, FDM
) without any notification! It too prompted users to install malware like conduit's Search Protect
How do I remove ViddyHD?
1. I first shutdown the following "ViddyHD[dot]com" page, informing "Your download is now complete".
2. I use Windows Task Manager to completely end conduit's malicious background processes. Read this tread
for additional info.
3. Then, I use Windows' Add/Remove to remove ViddyHD in the programs list first.
4. During the removal above, an known "Uninstall" window pops up and asks me if I remove FDM related items, I say Yes to that dialogue box.
1. Review this thread
on PUP removal.
2. Use the professional uninstaller
program above to keep PUA away.
3. Subscribe our YouTube channel
4. Follow us on Google+