It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:49 am 
Site Admin

Attachment:
bitdefender_total_security_2016.png
[ 507.27 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]

“I have installed BitDefender Total Security 2016 on my Windows 7 system, and I want to remove it. BitDefender seems to have been designed to prevent users from removing it and to prevent users from installing any other security software,” Said one user.

“Attempting to uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016 via the Programs and Features window has left my system so badly messed up that I’ve had to use some tool to recover, and I’ve had similarly bad results with some unfamiliar uninstaller.”

Are you having the same problems?

Sometimes after you uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016 with standard means and your PC reboots, some records may still remain in the system registry and prevent another antivirus software from installation. So, either you intend to get a new similar product or to run your PC without protection, you will have to figure out a way to remove the current one first. Fortunately we’ve worked out more than one solution for you.

Program Details – BitDefender Total Security 2016

Official Website: www.bitdefender.com
Installation folder: \Program Files\BitDfender\BitDefender 2013\
Default Uninstaller: X:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\SetupInformation\{34480DEE-54D6-4985-A817-CA30E9BBC94C}\installer.exe (Note: the uninstaller has been known to not fully uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016.)
Estimated size: ??? MB
Program executable: X: Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2016\bdagent.exe
Signed by: BitDfender SRL
MD5: 174cbfbd96689c9666e883accdb3a021
Taskbar: Displays an icon in the notification area
From the publisher: “BitDefender 2016 builds on #1 ranked antivirus technology to secure online transactions, protect mobile devices from theft, automatically back up files, and Tune-Up PCs. Active Virus Control is a proactive, dynamic…”

Approach to Uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016

Instead of taking the path in Control Panel and Registry Editor, you can totally choose another shortcut to reach the final “destination”. Simply download a helper to manage the work for you in the background. All you are asked to do is clicking a few buttons to make it happen. These are steps:

1. Download and install Max Uninstall.

2. Open the helper, locate and select the BitDefender Total Security icon, then hit the green Run Analysis button on the left, as you can see in the image. Then check all the items belonging to the program and hit the green Complete Uninstall button.
Attachment:
uninstall_bitdefender_total_security_2016_2.png
[ 62.4 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]

3. The next is exactly the Registry part -- after it finishes the first part, click on Scan Leftovers, tick all items likewise, then hit the green Delete Leftovers button to completely uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016.

Video (Example) on How to Use Max Uninstaller:

Hope your trouble can be successfully eliminated this way. In case you are interested in learning the specific uninstall process on Windows, we also prepare the following instruction. Please scroll over to see.

How to Uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016 in a Regular Way

Contents below are different instructions for users of Windows 7 and Windows 8. Scroll over to find what’s proper for your machine. Please be sure not to delete the wrong target in Windows Registry, or other programs you need may malfunction after that.

Uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016 on Windows 7

1. Click on the Windows logo in the bottom left to open Start menu, move your mouse cursor to Control Panel and click on it.
Attachment:
open_control_panel_on_win_7.png
[ 70.55 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]

2. In the new window, select Uninstall a program under the Programs section.

3. In the currently installed programs list, locate BitDefender Total Security 2016 and double click it to start the removal.
- I want to reinstall it – will complete uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016. The BitDefender 60-Second Virus Scanner will not be installed.
- I want to permanently remove it – will completely uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016. BitDefender 60-Second Virus Scanner will be installed on your system to protect you against malware.
It will automatically finish the removal within a few minutes.

4. But you’re not done just yet -- its registry keys are still staying on your system, you need to manually hunt them down. Open Start menu, type “regedit” in the box and hit the Enter key to access Registry Editor.
Attachment:
open_regedit_on_win_7.png
[ 29.56 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]

5. It will be displayed with another window, successively unfold HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software, delete the BitDefender folder (everything inside belongs to the program).

6. Restart your computer, and job is done.

Uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016 on Windows 8

1. Double-click This PC on your desktop or in the Start menu, click on Control Panel.
Attachment:
cp_2.png
[ 44.66 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]

2. In the new window, select Uninstall a program under the Programs section.
Attachment:
cp.png
[ 74.7 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]

3. Likewise, in the currently installed programs list, locate your target and double click it to start the removal.
Attachment:
uninstall_bitdefender_total_security_2016_1.png
[ 34.9 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]

-I want to reinstall it – will complete uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016. The BitDefender 60-Second Virus Scanner will not be installed.
-I want to permanently remove it – will completely uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016. BitDefender 60-Second Virus Scanner will be installed on your system to protect you against malware.
It will automatically finish the removal within a few minutes.

4. Hover your mouse pointer to the bottom right corner and stay. The charms bar will pop up. Type “regedit” in the search box and hit the Enter key.
Attachment:
win_8_regedit.png
[ 9.09 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]

5. In the Registry Editor window, find HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/BitDefender, right click it to delete the whole folder.
Attachment:
uninstall_bitdefender_total_security_2016_3.png
[ 11.29 KiB | Viewed 570 times ]

6. Reboot your computer, and job is done : )

7. To be sure everything is removed properly, you’re also recommended using the uninstall tool of BitDefener. Donwload it from this location and then run it on your system.

I believe after the learning for several times, you will make a great progress on your way to becoming basically professional. Computers are like creatures sometimes, requiring you to take good care of them for better and longer performance. Only if you can spare a little time on this, they can make much more valuable contributions than you think.

As you can see, there are a couple of effective methods methods for your reference. Just choose the one you prefer the most, and everything will be alright after you perform them : ) For further questions and your experience sharing, please leave comments below, or directly contact our tech support team via email. Hope you like my recommendation to [url]uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2016[/url].

I Want to Remove Kaspersky Total Security 2016

I Want to Remove avast Free Antivirus 2016