It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:11 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:14 am 
Site Admin

KB20141022 Uninstall avast Free Antivirus 2015

According to Mike Williams' post at the popular download site DownloadCrew.com, the #1 antivirus vendor AVAST has just announced its the long-awaited 2015 version of security software, including the main brand avast! Free Antivirus 2015 here, the new Internet security suite (v10.0.2206) and avast! Premier v2015. That article strikes us that we too need to take a closer look at the new release of avast 2015 programs. Yes, there are few significant changes in the user interface, but there are some new functional improvements and features (e.g., Smart Scan, DeepScan, etc) in the mentioned solutions. Meantime, as a a software engineer, I have the passion and enthusiasm to test today's target program, avast! Free Antivirus 2015: the setup file by default recommended the optional yet potentially unneeded DropBox to me -- if you wish to run or keep your browser toolbar-free, you should clear that option for installing Google Toolbar when it comes to you.
Attachment:
Uninstall avast! Free Antivirus 2015 - 1.jpg
[ 60.87 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

Cannot remove avast Free Antivirus 2015 successfully? Having trouble wiping "after-uninstall" traces, adware and/or other pre-loaded yet stubborn foistware (NOTE: They are mostly delivered as sponsorware or through malvertisements and/or downware on the internet.)? Ready to save time, money and headaches managing your projects in the program list, Add-on Manager and/or other aspects (eg., start-up, auto-run, etc) that matter? Then please check out the power of our pro-grade uninstall tool now. It is a must-have utility for your Windows-based PC. It can effectively manage your installed even half-gone items on your computer. When you want to take down some really annoying even malicious PUP, you no longer have to Google for remote help as our next-gen program uninstaller can help you resolve the software problem like a pro.

Read on... This mini weblog too has provided intermediate readers the proper steps to manually delete avast Free Antivirus 2015. With the outlined straightforward "1-2-3", you should be able to simply get rid of avast Free Antivirus 2015 on your own device. You too can refer to the detailed instructions to delete other avast products, e.g., the aforementioned avast! Internet Security 2015 v10.0.2206, the 2015 build of avast! Premier. Furthermore, you can browse our Help Desk for more related troubleshooting entries. For instance is this avast Free Antivirus 2014 removal guide.

How do I uninstall avast Free Antivirus 2015 on my 64-bit Windows 7 test PC?

1. First, I need to be the Admin user.
    2. To smoothly complete avast Free Antivirus 2015 uninstallation, I manually stop its scanning process.
    Attachment:
    Uninstall avast! Free Antivirus 2015 - 2.jpg
    [ 13.65 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

3. Then I close the UI.
    4. If you wanna reduce possibly undesired alerts, now you can disable avast's real-time protection: find the avast icon in taskbar > scroll up and enter the below Avast shields control > choose one of the outlined options, depending on your Windows skills > confirm your request.
    Attachment:
    avast! Free Antivirus 2015 - 3.jpg
    [ 35.02 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

Attachment:
    avast! Free Antivirus 2015 - 4.jpg
    [ 30.38 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

5. Commonly, I employ Windows Installer (aka, the "Uninstall or change a program" under Control Panel here) to continue with the un-install procedure: I direct open up the Panel on my desktop.
    Attachment:
    avast! Free Antivirus 2015 - 5.jpg
    [ 57.84 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

(Tip: of course you can save that feature on your screen so that you too can take control your items faster.)
    6. I locate the Antivirus in the list, and then I directly press Enter key. You guys can double-click on the Avast software, as well.
    7. Now, I click the Continue button on the following Setup wizard.
    Attachment:
    avast! Free Antivirus 2015 - 6.jpg
    [ 50.52 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

8. I choose the option Yes from the "avast! - Uninstall" info box to verify I wanna clean it from the program settings.
    Attachment:
    avast! Free Antivirus 2015 - 7.jpg
    [ 33.91 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

9. Then I need to wait while the Setup initializes, gathers required software information on my Windows, automatically.
    10. Then, the express uninstall starts...
    Attachment:
    avast! Free Antivirus 2015 - 8.jpg
    [ 23.27 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

11. Soon, the standard uninstallation is complete. Here, I choose the 2nd option "Restart later".
    Attachment:
    avast! Free Antivirus 2015 - 9.jpg
    [ 42.71 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

12. As an avast fan, then I complete the "Uninstall Survey" below.
    Attachment:
    avast! Free Antivirus 2015 - 10.jpg
    [ 43.14 KiB | Viewed 2658 times ]

13. Now, I save all my work, and then reboot my PC. In order to thoroughly uninstall avast Free Antivirus 2015, I need to perform potentially dangerous and complex maneuvers in file system and Registry Editor. For example is I need to search, verify and clean leftovers like "amd64_avast.vc110.crt_2036b14a11e83e4a_11.0.60610.1_none_d58a6d64ab65b396.cat", "x86_avast.vc110.crt_2036b14a11e83e4a_11.0.60610.1_none_1d37a43bbfe1dc9c" under Windows Safe Mode.

Related Content from the Web:
* AVAST 2015 adds Network Security check, HTTPS scanning, hardware-based virtualisation
* avast! Free Antivirus 2015 v10.0.2206 download