It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:55 am 
Site Admin

Attachment:
bittorrent.png
[ 364.44 KiB | Viewed 425 times ]

Hello. Today I am going to tell you how to uninstall BitTorrent completely breifly.
BitTorrent is a desktop utility that allows users to work with torrent files, so that those as torrents can be downloaded quickly, including music, videos, books, software and other free or public domain material. And what is wrong with this application?
This utility modifies system settings upon installation, making itself the default application for handling torrent files if you haven’t had another application associated with torrents. And since BitTorrent is offered by the team who invented the BitTorrent open source protocal, as its user you know you will always have access to the latest and greatest technologies. Designed for fast downloads, it avoids hogging valuable system resources, quietly in the background, and doesn’t interfere with your work, play etc. So, isn't it annoying?
Alright, now I will offer you helpful methods to uninstall BitTorrent.
1. Uinstall BitTorrent in safe Mode
Windows 7: Press F8 before you see the Windows 7 logo when you reboot the computer.
Attachment:
activate_safe_mode.png
[ 121.72 KiB | Viewed 425 times ]

Windows 8/8.1: Type “msconfig” in the search box and press Enter, select the Boot tab, tick the “Safe boot” to enter the Safe Mode.
Attachment:
open_msconfig_on_win_8.png
[ 10.31 KiB | Viewed 425 times ]

2. Uinstall BitTorrent from Control Pnael
Windows 7: Click on “Windows logo” in the lower left corner to open Start menu, and select “Control Panel” > click “Uninstall a program” in the Programs column.
Attachment:
open_control_panel_on_win_7.png
[ 70.55 KiB | Viewed 425 times ]

Windows 8/8.1: Type "Control Panel" in the search boxu, then click “Uninstall a Program" to enter the list of all the applicaiton, find the target program and right-click and choose to unisntall.
Attachment:
win_8_control_panel.jpg
[ 15.73 KiB | Viewed 425 times ]

Uninstall BitTorrent from Registry Editor
Windows 7 : Click on “Windows logo” in the lower left corner to open Start menu. And then type “regedit” in the search box and press Enter on your keyboard.
Attachment:
open_regedit_on_win_7.png
[ 29.56 KiB | Viewed 425 times ]

Windows 8/8.1: type “regedit” in the search box and press Enter on your keyboard.
Attachment:
win_8_regedit.png
[ 9.09 KiB | Viewed 425 times ]

Now you have opened the Windows Registry Editor, find “HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/BitTorrent”, right-click the folder and select “Delete” to thoroughly uninstall BitTorrent.
Attachment:
uninstall_bittorrent_2.png
[ 11.16 KiB | Viewed 425 times ]

Above are the ways to uninstall BitTorrent completely, I really hope I can help you out:)
And here I have a video to show you how to do it in details:
Video Demonstration - Remove BitTorrent

If you still encounter other problems after trying all the methods I just mentioned, you can seek more help from Max Uninstaller.

Attachments:
cp.png
[ 74.7 KiB | Viewed 425 times ]